1) Brigolante Guest Apartments (BGA) is a privately owned home located on a privately held working farm, and is a registered Agriturismo. BGA offers apartment rentals for the purpose of tourism both directly and through its representatives. The minimum rental period is one week, from Saturday to Saturday.
2) The weekly apartment rental fee quoted by BGA is in European Euros and includes the cost of lodging and all utilities (electricity, water, heat) except telephone. Fifty percent of the rental fee is due as a down payment before occupation of the apartment, and the remaining fifty percent is due upon departure from BGA. The balance of the telephone bill (read off a meter) must be paid upon departure. BGA accepts down payments made by personal check, credit card, or direct bank transfer. The balance due upon arrival may be paid in cash, by traveller’s or personal check, or by credit card.
3) BGA only accepts guests who have made advance reservations. Reservations are accepted by phone, fax, or e-mail only. Guests must indicate the apartment desired, dates of stay, and number of guests when they make their reservation. If any of this information changes, the original reservation will be cancelled and a new one must be made.
Reservations are held tentatively until BGA receives a down payment securing the reservation. BGA must receive a down payment within thirty days of the date the reservation was made. If BGA has not received a down payment within these thirty days, the reservation may be cancelled. If we receive a second request for the same apartment and the same dates, the first party to make reservations must make a down payment within ten days, or the reservations revert to the second party. The first party will be notified by fax, telephone, or email if there is a second request for the apartment.
The amount of the down payment is 50% of the total rental fee. This down payment is refundable until 30 days before the first night of the reservation. After this date, the down payment is no longer refundable.
If we are able to rent the apartment to another party for the period reserved by you, you will receive a 100% refund of your down payment.
Only upon receipt of this down payment are reservations considered confirmed. When the down payment is received, BGA sends the following information:
- Official reservation confirmation. This serves as both a receipt for your down payment and proof of reservation. This is an important voucher and must be shown upon arrival at BGA at the beginning of your stay. If you cannot produce this voucher, you may not be allowed to occupy the apartment reserved. This voucher is only valid for the specific guests indicated on it. The transferral of vouchers from one party of guests to another, or the addition of guests, is prohibited. If BGA discovers a discrepancy between the name and number of guests indicated on the reservation voucher and those occupying the apartment, you will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
- Street directions and a map to BGA.
4) All guests are required to make a damage deposit of EUR 200.00. This damage deposit must be made upon arrival at BGA, and must be made either by personal check, cash, or traveler’s checks. Guests who do not make a damage deposit upon arrival will not be allowed to occupy their reserved apartment. This damage deposit is completely refunded at guest’s departure, barring damage to property or possessions of BGA. This includes damage to structure, furnishings, furniture, equipment, or surrounding estate. Damage claims are at the discretion of BGA, and must be paid at time of departure.
5) Check-in time is from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the first Saturday of the reservation. Check-out time is from 8:00 am to 10:00 am on the final Saturday of the reservation. Please try to observe these times, as BGA must clean and service apartments between guests. Please notify BGA of any conflicts before the arrival or departure date. Upon their arrival, guests must present BGA with their reservation voucher, their damage deposit, and passports or identification cards (for EC citizens) for registration purposes (as required by Italian law). Guests are then provided with a key to their apartment, which they maintain for the duration of their stay and which must be returned to BGA upon departure.
6) BGA is not responsible for transportation of guests to and from airports or for the duration of their stay.
7) Each apartment at BGA is furnished with a kitchen and laundry facilities. Guests are responsible for their own meals for the duration of their stay. BGA services and cleans the apartments between guests, but guests are responsible for maintaining their own housekeeping and laundry for the duration of their stay. Guests are not required to clean their apartment before vacating it, but those who leave an excessively dirty or disorderly apartment upon their departure will be charged a EUR 50.00 supplementary cleaning fee, at the discretion of BGA and to be paid at time of departure. BGA asks that guests wash their dishes and wipe down the kitchen before their departure. Guests who neglect to do this will be charged the supplementary cleaning fee. Guests who rent apartments for more than one week may ask to have the apartment serviced and cleaned on the second Saturday of their stay. This is free of charge.
8) BGA is a private property and is surrounded by neighboring private properties. BGA asks guests to be respectful of fellow guests, Brigolante residents, and neighbors. If guests fail to adhere to the common code of courtesy, BGA retains the right to ask them to immediately vacate the apartment. They do not receive a refund.
9) BGA is insured against injury and accident of guests. For more information, please contact BGA directly.
10) BGA welcomes children, but must be notified when reservations are made. BGA is situated on a working farm, which presents hazards to children and adults alike. No guest is ever allowed in the barns or sheds or on or near the farm machinery and equipment. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. If a guest has an infant, they must notify BGA when making reservations. BGA is only able to provide a crib and high chair for infant guests if notified in advance.
11) Domestic animals or pets of any kind are strictly prohibited. Reservations are immediately cancelled without refund if guests arrive with pets, or if pets are found on BGA property during the stay. Please do not endanger our livestock or your pets.
12) Smoking is permitted outdoors only. Cigarette, pipe, and cigar smoking are prohibited inside all BGA apartments.
13) BGA does not give refunds in case of bad weather, insect bites, seismic activity, power or water service interruption for causes beyond our control, or insatisfaction with the features of the apartment listed in our brochure.
14) Please be aware that Italian energy conservation statutes strictly control the heating of private properties in Italy. We are only allowed to heat our home from November to April, and the inside temperature is strictly controlled. The use of heat outside that period is at the request of the guest.
15) In the event of any dispute, the court of law of Perugia will have jurisdiction.
16) If, upon reading these General Conditions, you have a question or problem, you must immediately contact BGA. All guests who receive the General Conditions are assumed to have read, understood, and agreed to points 1 through 16. You do not receive a refund if there is any dispute regarding these Conditions after your arrival.